Welcome to the Online Safety department of our website. At Coppull St John's, we realise how the internet has drastically changed the way children interact with the world. They have access to in-depth knowledge, tools to express their creativity and people from all over the world. We promote this tool and provide stimulating activities for children to develop their skills in this area of the curriculum. However, along with this fascinating new way to connect with the world, the internet offers new risks.
- Cyber- bullying
- Exposure to inappropriate material
- Online Predators
- Revealing personal information
- Radicalisation of young people
It is important to ensure that all children are aware of these risks and learn to use the internet safely and responsibly.
As a school we:
- Ensure all children are aware of the risks online
- Ensure children feel safe to report incidents
- Attend Online- Safety meetings/ training
- Provide staff and parental training
- Discuss and review the Online Safety Policy
- Involve older children in the delivery of Online- Safety sessions across the school
- Embed Online Safety across the curriculum
- Use a filtering and monitoring system to safeguard children from any inappropriate material
- Discourage the use of mobile phones which are not permitted in school.
Information for Parents and Carers