Our Mission Statement
The School History
The school was built in 1874 as a Sunday School and Day School with an adjacent school house, which was occupied by the Headteacher. There are four classrooms, a hall, a library a resources room and a kitchen.
The school house has now become an integral part of the school and includes the Headteacher's office, the secretary's office and reception area, the staff room, the sunshine room and storerooms.
A fourth classroom was added in 2009.
As an Aided Church of England school, the Governing Body are the employers and are responsible for the maintenance of the exterior of the building and any improvements to the interior. The school is maintained by Lancashire County Council who are the local education authority.
The school serves the village of Coppull and surrounding areas and caters for children from four to eleven years of age. St. John's playgroup and pre-school meet every morning and some afternoons for children aged between two and four years.
We also have a breakfast and after school club that operates from the purple modular building.
The school is fortunate to be surrounded by spacious playing fields and ample playground areas. In addition there is a school garden.